procedures & protocols
At Makeup and Talent Hawaii, we take great steps in practicing safe hygiene. With the current outbreak of Covid-19, we are doubling down on safety. It is imperative to share with you the steps we are taking to keep our environment safe. You and Our safety and well-being are our top priority!
We want to ensure you that your special day is going to be relaxing, safe and beautiful.
Below are our updated practices, procedures and protocols for both of our health and safety.
• Upon arrival, each Artist will be wearing a clean face mask.
• Unfortunately, no hugging or handshaking. Shakas, elbow-bumps and virtual hugs are encouraged!
• Upon arriving, we will set up our own sanitized area with our products, six feet from others, then wash our hands with warm, soapy, water for 20 seconds before beginning your services.
• We will wear a clean, face mask when we do your beauty services.
• All makeup brushes have been washed prior to being used. If your party has numerous faces, we will have additional brushes on hand. If the same brush needs to be used, the brush will be sanitized with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol in between sittings. Disposable sponges will be used and thrown away. For makeup application, a pallet will be used and sanitized between clients. Hair brushes will be sprayed with Barbicide.
• Hand sanitizer, 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, disposable wipes and professional makeup brush cleaner are always carried and used in between clients.
• If needed, Artists will change their face mask in-between clients.
• Artists will disinfect equipment used with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and wash hands with hot soapy water for 20 seconds in-between each client.
• We ask Clients to please wash their hands for 20 seconds with warm, soapy, water before sitting in our chair.
• We encourage Clients not to touch their face when they are receiving services.
• To keep us safe, we ask that only those receiving beauty services be in the room and adhere to CDC regulations.
• We practice safe, social-distancing and ask that friends & family members not receiving beauty services not be within six feet of our sanitized area. We encourage those not receiving immediate services to wait for their appointed time in another area.
• We ask that Photographers & Videographers not arrive more then 15 minutes before the Bride's Finish Time, that they adhere to CDC guidelines and stay six feet away from the Artists & their sanitized tools & area until we are finished with your beauty services. If they want to get a close up of makeup application, we are happy, but ask that they wear a mask and respect our health & area.
• If Client is not feeling well, we ask that you let us know in advance as soon as possible so we may reschedule your services. If you are experiencing a temperature or any Covid symptoms, for our safety, we have the right to refuse service. We may take your temperature with a hand-held thermometer. If you or someone in your party is not feeling well, you may gift your beauty service to another attendant. Under Force Majeure, if you are ill and unable to receive Services Day Of, you may apply to a future date or a 50% refund will be returned to Client.
During these unprecedented times, I have taken the opportunity to complete a dream of mine, something I have been working on for the past five years.
On 4th of July, 2020 weekend, I launched my very own cosmetic line, "Kymberly Marr Cosmetics" on Maui, Hawaii. !!!
I have been mixing and matching lipsticks for over 15+ years and I know what you want and have finally made it myself, just for you! I launched with six matte, hydrating, liquid lipsticks, six lustre lip glosses and one strobe lip gloss. Natural-beachy colors for all skin tones and a neutral, flaming red.
They photograph beautifully, taste like vanilla, long-lasting, vegan, paraben-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, made with coconut oil, vitamin E and sugar cane, made in the USA.
This is a super cool keep sake from Maui, Hawaii, that will be your Wedding Day lipstick. Buy one for your ladies or friends back home. It's fun to have a piece of Maui with you.
Bonus: This is a solution to practicing safe hygiene and not cross-contaminating products. Have your very own lipstick from Maui, Hawaii!!!
Personally, I think for photographs, the lips look best with the long-wearing, matte lipstick applied first then the lustre lip gloss applied on top! Collect all unforgettable, Maui-inspired, colors! These may be purchased online in advance or day of. www.makeupandtalenthawaii.com/shop
For more information & updates, please follow me on Instagram & Facebook @MAKEUPANDTALENTHAWAII and
While this is a strange and unusual time for all of us, we are all in this together and we will all get through this together. If you have any questions please send me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you and I hope to beautify you!
Stay Safe & Stay Healthy and I hope to see you on Maui!